Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 1994

In 1994, I began to learn to stitch in earnest. Dale and I had just gotten online using AOL ... America Online. There I met a group of women on the crafting bulletin boards and was encouraged to do more stitching.

This little refrigerator magnet was stitched for a friend. It came as a kit with that cute frame.



Here's one of many ornaments I've stitched for my family over the years. It's also stitched from a kit.


These are two baby bibs for our little Jodie who was born in 1993. One is cross-stitch, the other is surface embroidery. The first came from a pattern that matched my Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose dishes. The latter was a bib that was left in the bottom of a sewing box since I was a girl.



I found the poor bedraggled pattern for this banner at a thrift shop. I stitched it and turned it into a banner for a friend.


I fell in love with this Victorian Splendor floral design from a Cross-Stitch and Country Crafts magazine years before I was a stitcher. This was the first large-ish piece I ever stitched. It uses over 40 different colors of floss. Big stuff back then! I still love it and display it each spring.


I made this sampler for my friend who is an avid quilter.



On my website when I first posted these photos, they were quite small and my photography skills weren't great. I've enlarged the photos here, so they are rather fuzzy. I'm so happy that I have a record of my pieces and can see how I've progressed over the years.

No comments: