Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Shapely Thank You

A longtime good friend of mine knows I have a collection of evening bags. I call them my Ladies of the Evening. Over the years she's gifted me several unique pieces. Recently she sent two, one of which is quite old and of a shape I've not seen before.

So I decided to make her a special thank you card -- in the shape of an evening bag!



  1. I found some ideas online to get the basic shape.
  2. I pulled out some handmade(?) special powder blue paper with silver glitter starbursts. I recently purchased a huge lot of scrapbooking paper from a local gal I found through Facebook Marketplace. The lot had some unusual and beautiful paper mixed in with garden variety scrapbook paper designs.
  3. Then I used a few new die-cut shapes to create the purse flap and the little flower shape where I stamped the "thank you" cloud with blue ink.
  4. I added a silver ribbon for the purse's handle.
  5. I made the purse "clasp" from two sizes and shapes of sequins. So sparkly!


As you can see, the shape of the purse flap is one-half of the shape of the paper on the inside message. The die-cut set has several sizes of the same shape, so they are easily stackable. I embossed the blue scrapbook paper to give it texture. Then added a message on top.


I have some beaded evening bags that are quite pretty. Perhaps next year I'll make one of my 19 in 2019 goals to post photos of each one and tell the story of how it came to be in my collection.

---

Inspired by scrap-a-little.com


No comments: