Thursday, August 16, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 2001 (Part 3)

If' it's Thursday, it time to jump in the time machine. These are the first five stitching projects I made in April 2001.


Rose Romance

This project is from the Daydreams collection by Dimensions. This small kit worked up very quickly on 14 ct. aida.


This single rose is framed with a printed mat between two pieces of glass which are held together with four clips. The stitching is 3 inches square. The entire piece is only 8 inches square. This hangs in my dining room with a few other stitched and painted roses. Perhaps I'll take some updated photos of this piece to share here.




Giraffes: Noah and Company

In the Spring of 2001, I decided that I wanted to start collecting giraffes. If you recall, I stitched my first giraffe in 1999 after my Mom died. She loved to watch giraffes at the zoo. Then one of my daughters gave me a giraffe to stitch on perforated paper that I made into a magnet.

This giraffe piece is stitched, but I'm not sure I ever did the finishing work on it. I might have framed it, but more likely, it's sitting in that box in my Studio! I'll have to check on that.

I do like that the giraffes are checkered, that their tails are braided, and I'm fond of that little heart button embellishment.


Little did I know how quickly this giraffe thing would get out of hand! And, NO. I'm not collecting giraffes anymore!


Leaping Bunny

I made some beaded pins for my daughters for Easter. This was for Julie. It's made from a Mill Hill kit. There's stitching and beads on perforated paper with a Mill Hill flower Treasure (button) embellishment. Besides the cross-stitch and beading, there are some Colonial Knots in the tail.




Flower Bunny

This beaded pin was made for Jodie. Again, it's stitched on perforated paper. It has even more beading than Julie's pin. The entire garden at the bottom is done in two sizes of seed beads. That's another Mill Hill Treasure (button) under the bunny's chin. It's supposed to be a bell flower.


Jodie actually gave this pin back to me when she was a teenager. I'll take some new photos of it to share later, now that I have a camera lens that can do it more justice. If Jodie would like it back someday, I'll be happy to return it to her.


Picket Fence

This final pin was stitched for Jeanne. It, too, is a Mill Hill bead kit stitched on perforated paper with DMC floss and two sizes of seed beads. This pin is very 3-D. The little wings on the bee and the petals on the purple flower are loops of petit beads that stick out away from the backing. The two Mill Hill Treasures that create the red flower are fuchsia channeled hearts.




I made one more project for Easter that April, and one Christmas project. I'll share those and others in my next #throwbackthursday installment.

No comments: