Thursday, August 30, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 2001 (Part 5)

In June and July of 2001, I completed only three cross-stitch charts because I was working on a correspondence course on how to make tassels. I made 23 tassels altogether, so it will take me a few weeks to share them all. In the mean time, here are the three Christmas stitching I made that summer.

Two Turtle Doves

This is day two of the Twelve Days of Christmas by the Cross My Heart design company.


Partridge in a Pear Tree

And here's the first of the same series. I have high hopes of making this series into a quilt by the end of 2019.


HoHoHo

To distract myself from making more tassels in July, I decided to stitch up a quickie Christmas ornament from the 2001 Better Homes and Gardens Cross-Stitch Christmas magazine. This design is by Cecilia Turner of Heart in Hand, one of the designers I met at the retreat I took earlier in the year.


I remember enjoying stitching the pattern, but being quite disappointed in myself for the way I did the finishing work. It's a door hanger, meaning you hang it as a decoration on a door handle. I feel like I did a very clunky job of it, though. Looking back, I sort of feel sorry for the person to whom I gave it as a gift later in the year.

On the next #ThrowbackThursday, I'll share the first five tassels I made.