Monday, August 13, 2018

Speedy Recovery Card

Over the weekend I had a chance to do a little paper-crafting in my Studio. I used a new combination of materials and tools and came up with some designs I was pleased with. The first card was to a member of my extended family who recently underwent heart surgery.


I started with a blank brown paper cardstock card with matching envelope. I printed out an image of the "Operation" game board on white cardstock.

The first layer is a waffle-textured brown cardstock that I further textured with a heart pattern. The second layer is the game board image. Then I punched out two circles from the same brown cardstock, and two hearts from a light coral cardstock. I added a small bandage over the heart.


Most of the layers are adhered with double-sided tape. But I used some 3-D foam squares to adhere the coral hearts to the brown waffle-textured circles so that they'd pop up for added dimension. On the back of the card, I used the two self-inking stamps ("handmade with love" over the line of hearts), and signed my name between the two stamped images. I kept the message on the inside simple, in my own handwriting.


I recently bought two lots of scrapbook paper from local sellers through Facebook Marketplace. My paper stash has grown four-fold with those inexpensive purchases. It's given me quite a lot of inspiration. I hope to make time to construct more cards for the pure joy of creating them.

No comments: