Monday, August 6, 2018

Rose Vertical Pincushion

On one of my #ThrowbackThursday posts for the year 2000, I described the rose pincushion that I stitched that year. The photo I had on record wasn't very clear, and some of my readers asked to see more updated images. Here they are!


At the time, I was very enamored with roses. I decorated with them and stitched them and tried to grow them. When I first saw this design in a catalog, I fell in love with it. The piece was somewhat out of my price range at the time, so this was a splurge. The two-tone roses in the pretty lattice design still makes my heart sigh when I look at it.


The spool from Sudberry House is made of beautiful wood and makes for a nice solid finished product. It's about six inches tall, and has a three-and-a-half inch diameter. That is a substantial pincushion!


The pattern is so well designed that it matches up precisely when seamed together. I believe I used a ladder stitch to pull the seam closed.


I hadn't handled this pincushion in a while. I've now placed it near my sewing machine in my Studio. It's makin' me feel squishy-happy all over again.

No comments: