Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July Goal Update

I had to do some serious reassessment in July. I'm getting bogged down and can see that what I suspected last month is now apparent. There is no way I can complete all 18 goals that I set for myself in January. Some of them have too many steps to complete in a timely manner. Some of them looked a lot more possible in January than they do in August. So it's time for a mid-course correction.


It's a good thing I had a list of alternative goals at hand.

So I've switched out five:

  1. Building the backyard deck is substituted for tackling a hand-lettering course
  2. Read the washer manual is substituted for submitting photos to a stock photo site
  3. Write weekly Throwback Thursday posts is substituted for finishing The Finery of Nature
  4. Improve health enough to have 6-month doctor appointments instead of appointments every 3 months is substituted for finishing my granddaughter's quilt
  5. Read and discuss the book Diana, Herself is substituted for making 40 Christmas cards
And I removed It's Never Too Late to Begin Again from this year's list and will concentrate only on The Artist's Way.


So what goals did I actually accomplish in July?

  1. I continued to learn to use my new sewing machine. 
  2. I finally got the t-shirt pattern drafted and made a shirt that actually fits me well
  3. Our new deck is built. Now it needs some finishing touches around the base
  4. I read through the washer manual and learned how to get the musty stink out
  5. I've continued making Throwback Thursday posts about stitching and craft projects I completed over a decade ago
  6. I made the smallest progress on The Artist's Way
I've now completed ten of my 18 goals and worked on three others!



My big push for August is to finally finish The Artist's Way and go on more Artist Dates. If I give it some concentrated effort, I can get that done.

Also, now that the t-shirt pattern I drafted fits, I hope to make at least one more t-shirt ... and maybe learn to dip-dye it in an ombre pattern.

No comments: