Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Forest Walk

I decided to go for a walk in the woods this morning. After a couple hot days, this morning was cool and overcast. As I started down the first trail, I felt some light sprinkles, but was protected by the trees.



By the time I walked down to the river, there were thunderboomers ringing up and down the river canyon. The trees thinned, and the rain began in earnest.


I climbed back up the hill, and made my way down another favorite path back to my car. The clouds opened up. The deluge was exhilarating! It's been quite a long time since I got caught outside in a storm ... without so much as a jacket or hat.



On the way from the park to the grocery store, there was a minor flash flood running down Greensferry to Ponderosa Blvd. Now, it's dry enough for our neighbor to be mowing his lawn.



I like summers here in north Idaho.
The forest is blooming.
I've got pictures to share for days.

No comments: