Saturday, June 1, 2019

May Goal Update



I feel pretty good about my progress toward my 19 in 2019 goals. In May, I completed only two of the first 19 goals, but I made a lot of progress on some alternative goals. Let's get started, shall we?


Goal #3: Complete the finishing work on one of six needlework pieces from years gone by

I picked the next finishing project. It's a stitch sampler that I made in 2001. I have no photographs of it in my archive. I can't recall the name of the piece. I happened across it in my box of stitchery and decided to use it as a journal cover.

I'm also continuing my year of Whittle a Little by using a notebook I already own and had purchased at a thrift shop last year. For the solid part of the cover, I'm using fabric from a skirt I purchased at a thrift shop about five years ago.




Goal #14: Paint and add privacy fencing on dog kennel

The painting is done on the wood parts. We're waiting for a day without rain to begin adding the privacy strips to the chain link fence. The paint has already freshened it up quite a bit. We use the dog kennel for seasonal storage of outdoor gear.


Goal #15: Purge and organize storage shelves in exercise room

We bought some bankers boxes for this project so that what we keep will be in uniform containers.


Goal #16: Use up my tea stash

This month I concentrated on using up my Chai Tea




Goal #17: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects

I wrote four more of these blog posts in May. That brings my total to 19 so far this year. I should be able to reach this goal in July!


Goal #18: Blog at least 10 of my Ladies of the Evening collection (mend as needed)

I blogged about two more of my beaded evening bags in May, bringing my total to ten! The main part of that goal is complete. I haven't done any of the mending yet.




ALTERNATE GOALS

Alt Goal #4: Paint baseboards in living room / dining room

Done! They look sharp.


Alt Goal #9: Sell Mom’s china cabinet

This started out as a bit of a fiasco. We were going to sell it through a consignment furniture shop. But that deal was a little sketchy. So we found a new home for that lovely, big piece of furniture with the family of one of our nephews. Unbelievably pleased this found a new home where it can be appreciated. This is one of those tasks that took two decades to complete.


Alt Goal #14: Give the treadle sewing machine to my sister Eleanore

We were able to drop it off in the Portland area last week. She was thrilled. It was spectacular to get to have a little time with her again.




Alt Fun Goal: 50 movies from my Netflix DVD and streaming queues

I watched three more movies, bringing my total to 34 this year. I was enthralled with Coco.




Alt Home Improvement Goals in Progress:

1. We got an estimate on having our house painted
2. We started getting bids on three small outdoor projects, and three large indoor remodels.



2019 Totals as of May 30:
7 goals finished
8 goals in progress
3 alternate goals finished
3 alternate goals in progress

So I'm half way to my 19 in 2019 goals! That's right on track.

No comments: