Saturday, February 1, 2020

January Goal Update

January is over and I made a great start in my 20 Goals in 2020. I tweaked my original list a little and think the 20 goals I have now set can be accomplished. This year, I have a whole lot of enjoyable goals, and not too many serious or "gotta do" goals. Here's my current state of play.



I've made progress on over half of my goals! Eleven of them have been started. Three of them are half-way done. (Details below).

My Word-of-the-Year is SETTLE. In January I was able to get some shelves in my bathroom and gave everything a place. The new towels arrived two days ago. Having one room finished feels so good!

Once the couch and loveseat arrive, and I pick a glider, most of the living room should be settled. In February, we'll also make some progress on the bedroom. Our new bed arrives in two weeks.

---

Goal Details
  1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
    not yet

  2. Create a watermark for my photos
    not yet

  3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
    not yet

  4. Make one baked treat or a batch of cookies each month
    Apple-cinnamon muffins and toll house cookies

  5. Find a new doctor and a new dentist
    Found a doctor. Have my first appointment later this week.

  6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
    I did 13 in January! (This is a go-to activity when I'm not feeling well).

  7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
    Not yet

  8. Zero out email box once per quarter
    I got down to 10 emails in mid January, but it's back up to 35 this morning

  9. Learn to cook six vegetarian dishes
    Not yet

  10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
    I've listened to three so far. Dolly Parton's America is particularly good. I didn't know much about Dolly, but now I'm a fan.

  11. Find 20 geocaches
    Not yet

  12. Watch 20 movies from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
    I watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

  13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
    I've celebrated four so far. This is turning out to be a fun exercise!

  14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
    I finished four. My favorite was The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert

  15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects
    I wrote my first

  16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio
    Not yet

  17. Master bedroom closet organization
    We have a plan

  18. Convert cassette tapes to mp3 or get rid of them
    Not yet. I'm still not sure I want to do this, and may substitute another goal.

  19. Paint some rocks
    Not yet

  20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table
    The couch and loveseat are purchased and on their way. I think I've found the glider I want.

No comments: