Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Oh, The Places You'll See!

I took a little break from my online life over the President's Day holiday weekend. After finishing all the puzzles, and messing with googly eyes for weeks, I got thin on ideas for blog posts. I have some ideas, but they involve editing a lot of photos and writing long posts. I'll get to them eventually, but I was too pooped.

So over the weekend Dale and I did a project for the house that took more ingenuity than time. But it broke a log jam that's been keeping us from settling in here. We figured out how to configure the walk-in closet in our bedroom to fit all our clothes, including those usually kept in a dresser. We finally figured it out! And figuring that out is helping me breathe new life into how I'll set up my studio and another storage area.

Also over the weekend, Jodie and I did some geocaching. She bought a car that can carry us onto back country roads, so we were testing it out. That car is a champ! For both of us, finding 20 geocaches is one of our 20 in 2020 Goals. Jodie reached her goal yesterday. I have only two more caches to find.

The thing about caching is that even if you can't find the cache when you get to ground zero, you often get another kind of prize. That's what happened at a cache called Bird Hunting:

click for larger image

It was such a pretty day, and such lovely territory. The road overlooked a piece of BLM land that had been replanted in trees about seven years ago. The trees are thriving. We watched three birds of prey sailing on the winds. We took time to savor this beautiful valley, with a backdrop of snow-covered mountain peaks.

click for larger image

I'm lovin' livin' in Oregon.

No comments: