Saturday, April 4, 2020

Greeting Card

My aunt is having some health issues. Her treatments have left her weak. She's staying with her son and daughter-in-law for now. I hear she's lost some of her spark.

So I made her a card and sent her a little letter. It's not much, but it's what I can do.

Her favorite color is yellow, so I started with yellow cardstock for the card base. Once cut to size and folded, I adhered the floral scrapbook paper with the punched circle. I embossed some parchment cardstock with hearts, then cut it into a heart shape. It's adhered to the yellow base with foam tape, which gives it the 3-D look.


On the inside, I used another strip of the scrapbook paper along the fold. Then I printed my greeting on some of that same parchment cardstock that the heart is made from. Finally, I adhered the greeting to the card, and embellished it with some gold and white striped washi tape. I was pleased that the mitered corners worked well.



I signed the back as usual.


This time, I made the envelope match the card. Beginning with a plain envelope, I adhered more of the scrapbook paper to the inside of the flap, and cut it to size. It's a nice touch.



---

I was inspired by this card by Mach Es Selbst DIY which I saw on Pinterest.


Mach Es Selbst DIY

No comments: