Thursday, April 16, 2020

Throwback Thursday - 2006 Part 15

This week the Wayback Machine takes us to December 2006. These are the final two stitching projects I made that year.





.
.
Swirl Star Stocking

I chose to give a gift certificate from a local yarn shop as my present in the annual gift exchange at my quilt group. I wanted to give a little something more than just an envelope, so I made this stocking to hold the gift certificate. 

The adorable pattern came from the January 2007 issue of Cross-Stitch & Needlework magazine, page 34. The stocking designs are cute and funky, shown in very non-traditional Christmas colors. Funky and non-traditional are two words that describe my friend Susan pretty well! So I chose her favorite color, orange, for the background and some vibrant shades of #5 perle coton to stitch the design. (This is the same Susan that is the best doggy mommy I know, who inspired yesterday's rock).

I increased the size of the stocking a bit from the pattern so that the gift certificate would fit more comfortably. The finished size is about 8". I stitched the front of the stocking to the back with a buttonhole stitch. I sure like the effect.

Susan did, too!

p.s. Everyone should have a friend like Susan!



Wannabee Fish

This quilt square was made for a charity quilt distributed in 2007. For this quilt, stitching participants all used patterns from the same book so that the quilt had a very cohesive appearance.





Next time, I'll share craft projects I completed in 2006.

No comments: