Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Thinking of You

I made this card for a friend from college. He lives alone and has a physical disability. I imagine this Covid-19 isolation might be hard on him, so decided to send him some cheer.


I dug through the cardstock and paper in my stash to find some that could coordinate and would be suitable for a man. I am so pleased with the combination I came up with.

I used a buff cardstock for the base of the card. The border pieces of cardstock are from the reverse side of the plaid paper. The brown crackle print worked beautifully with the plaid. Then I found a scrap of muted green with a swirl to use behind the sentiment. The "Thinking of You" was stamped onto the green with black ink.


I wrote a short personal letter on plain white paper and adhered it to the inside of the card. One the back, I signed it in my usual way.


Once again, I decided to personalize the envelope flap. I repeated the brown crackle paper there. I love the pro finish a lined flap gives to the card set.





---

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Greeting Cards by Lasheila

No comments: