Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March Goal Update

I made more excellent progress on my 20 Goals in 2020 in March. Dale and I have been staying inside at home for two weeks now. I'd like to say that made a difference in how many goals I could complete, but it didn't really have much of an affect. After all, I'm home all the time and Dale now telecommutes to his job in Spokane, WA.

In March, I concentrated on painting rocks. I made 20. I also made progress on several other goals.




.
Overall Statistics

Completed: seven goals
In Progress: nine goals
Unstarted: four goals

As for my word of the year, settling, well, there wasn't much of that. Dale has been making strides in the garage, but my forward movement is crazy slow right now. We did get a couple more pieces of furniture put together. But the thing that's made the most difference in our life is having a refrigerator that works! 

---

Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished in March

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
Got my new doctor in February
Scheduled an appointment with a psychiatrist, but it needs to be delayed for a while. Might have a tele-appointment instead.
I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is past.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes (altered this goal on doctor's orders)
Finished in March. Such yummy meals!
* Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf - March
* Beef & Broccoli/Cauliflower Casserole - March
* Chicken Egg Roll Bowl - March
* Chicken Vegetable Soup - March
* Pizza-Stuffed Zucchini - March
* Fathead Supreme Pizza - March


10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
I listened to one more podcast series in March, bringing my total to seven:
* Epidemic with Dr. Celine Gounder and Ronald Klain - March 21 (highly recommended) 

11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March

12. Watch 20 movies from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
I watched two in March, bringing my total to three. 
* Rivers and Tides - March
* Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - March

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
I celebrated two in March, bringing my total to nine:
* Poultry Day - March 19
* National Fragrance Day - March 21

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
I finished six in March, bringing my total to eleven:
* Sisters in Spirit: Book 1 of the Ghost-Stumbler Chronicles by Karen Peacock - March 17
* Keto for Beginners - March 17
* 7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan - March 17
* The Year of Less by Cait Flanders - March 23
* #IMOMSOHARD by Kristin Hensley & Jen Smedley - March 25
* Never Sit If You Can Dance: Lessons from My Mother by Jo Giese - March 30


15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects
I wrote four in March, bringing my total to eleven. My posts covered August, September, and October of 2006.

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio
Not yet.

17. Master bedroom closet organization
Finished in February.

18. Convert cassette tapes to mp3 or get rid of them
Not yet. I'm still not sure I want to do this, and may substitute another goal.

19. Paint some rocks
Finished 20 in March. 
I decided to start my painted rock garden near the front door. 

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table
Couch and loveseat arrived in February.
Glider put together in March. 
We haven't picked out a dining room table yet, but Dale did order some beautiful wood furniture for his office, and I ordered a cabinet to hang in my bathroom for extra towels.


Word of the Year: Settle

The missing parts for our bed finally arrived ... but not until it was recommended that we isolate. After opening the boxes, we learned that not all the missing parts arrived. We ended up going to Lowes, got the parts, and put the bed together ourselves, even though we'd paid to have someone do it for us. We were tired of waiting and stubbing our toes, and wanted the thing done

The following weekend, we put my new glider together. I also set up my needlework floor stand. I now have a stitching nest in the living room. I hope to get back to cross-stitch in the near future.

My Studio still isn't arranged quite right, but at least I have good work space again. I'd been missing crafting and sewing. So spending time painting rocks for three days was very therapeutic. 

No comments: