Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Try It Too-sday: Here's Lookin' at You, Kid

Today I'm attempting to recreate an image involving a simple pair of black-rimmed glasses. 


I've been toting this inspiration image around since February 28, 2011 -- over a decade! I like the bold lines and simple speckled background. I'm pretty sure these frames have no lenses, or I'd see some reflections. I appreciate how the stark shadow is nearly as dense as the black of the frames.

Inspiration image by kootoyoo

For my version, I used this pair of Coke Bottle Glasses I found in my costume box. To get the speckled, textured background, I used a sheet of Styrofoam. I took the photo right next to a window in bright afternoon sunlight. In editing, I gave the image a lot of contrast, and converted it to black and white with an infrared filter.


Not bad!

I'm rather pleased with myself.



No comments: