Monday, October 23, 2023

Let's Start Celebrating

Before you know it, I'll get to be a grandparent again. Jodie and Kenny had a baby shower for our little Abby in early October. If all goes well, she'll be in our arms in less than three months.

For the baby shower, let's start with a card. I didn't give myself time to make an entire card, so decided to embellish a store-bought card instead. The theme of Abby's nursery is farm animals, with a goat (kid) as the current focus. I found this card ... because every farm has s giraffe and elephant, right?



The embellishments begin, using doo-dads found in my stash.

Heart gems and butterfly stickers covering the hearts and butterflies.


Gem dots covering polka dots.


A singing bird covering the bird on the elephant's back.


For the inside, I added a strip of coordinating polka-dot washi tape. Then I drew and colored a baby goat (a feat for me). She's attached with raised glue dots to add some dimension. 


And a butterfly sticker to balance the image and echo the front of the card.


I signed the back to make it official.


I decorated the back of the envelope with more of the washi tape and another (larger) butterfly sticker. I like the extra touch of coordinating envelopes with the card inside. It's like a final Ta-Da!


The gifts were wrapped and waiting by the front door.


We even made it to the venue on time. It was a lovely party hosted by creative friends. The venue was the same spot where the Jodie and Kenny were married. 'Twas a nice full-circle moment.

I also have a few photos from the party I hope to share in the coming days.


No comments: