Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Birthday Card 1

Last Friday my daughter Jeanne spent the day with me as she recovered from a minor medical procedure. We spent many hours in my Studio, playing with my new papers, die cuts, embossers and stickers. We each made a birthday card for daughter Julie. Both cards were inspired by designs we saw on Pinterest.

Here's Jeanne's card. It's a little hard to tell in this photo, but the cardstock is a soft purple parchment. She embossed the front of the card with polka dots, drew on the lines with a marker, and added gems in three sizes and four colors. She embossed the cake on a different purple cardstock, cut it with a die cut, and glued it at the bottom.


On the inside, she used flower die cuts in several colors and glued them in place. We typed up the sentiment on the computer, printing it in purple ink. The hearts were made with a shaped paper punch.


Some "rivalrys" never end.

We're still learning to use my tools. Some of it is a little challenging. I'll share my card tomorrow.


---

Inspired by KT Hom Designs


No comments: