Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Birthday Card 2

This is the card I made for Julie.

I started with a sheet of dark green cardstock and cut it to size. I then embossed the front with this leaf and vine design. I cut out the flowers using two sizes of the die at the same time, holding the dies in place with washi tape before they went through the cutter to get this off-center effect. I used white glue to adhere the flowers to the card front.



For the inside, I started by using gold press-on letters to add the "Happy Birthday" to blue cardstock. I then put the die on point around the words, and cut it out.

It took a while for me to figure out what I wanted the message to say. Once done, I printed it on white paper, and used the same shape die cut in a larger size, but cut the normal way. I used white glue to adhere it to the inside of the card. Oh, man. That was a mistake! The paper got all lumpy and bumpy. I knew that trying to remove the white paper would mess up the inside of the card. What to do?

So I reprinted the sentiment with green ink on yellow cardstock and cut it with the die. Then I adhered it to the inside of the card on top of the white paper, but offset so that the white paper became a highlight for the yellow cardstock. I think that was an elegant solution.



The outside of this card was also inspired by a card I found on Pinterest.

---

Inspired by SplitcoastStampers


No comments: