Monday, September 10, 2018

Autumn Mantel

This year my entire mantel has become a pumpkin patch. First, I hung the oil painting over the mantel. I inherited this beautiful painting from my parents. I have a fall-colored scarf as the backdrop. I've added about three new resin pumpkins this year. I used some books and boxes and glassware to add levels so that each pumpkin can easily be seen. On the left is a needlework pumpkin I stitched and framed.


I've also added a couple other items to this vignette. I bought three mini bales of hay. (Boy, are they messy!)


I filled my glass pumpkin-shaped cookie jar with gold balls (ornaments). Then I tucked fairy lights around them to add more sparkle. This string of LED lights uses two AAA batteries to light them.


I intend to add some soft crocheted pumpkins before the end of the season. I'm so pleased with how it's shaping up!

No comments: