Saturday, September 1, 2018

August Goal Update


Now that I've revamped my 18 goals, lets see how I've done so far, shall we? The blue print shows what I worked on or completed in August.


This is my overall scoresheet:

1. Finish all the charts in 2006 Cross-Stitch Calendar and frame them
    or get them ready to display.

     Finished in May

2. Finish or dispose of Newborn King
     Disposed of it in January

3. Post a #ThrowbackThursday post each week.
     Ongoing multi-year project. I've posted images of my projects from 1986 to
     half way through 2001




4. Stitch and finish/frame Letter Snow
     Completed in July

5. Crochet 5 different pumpkins
     My September crochet project

6. Read and discuss the book Diana, Herself
     Have read about half of it. Will finish it in September and discuss with a Facebook group.


7. Special Christmas ornaments for my daughters
     Finished in May

8. Learn to use my new sewing Machine
     Figured out the basics in June and will continue to learn more features as needed

9. Improve my health enough to extend doctor visits to every 6 months
     instead of every 3 months

     Done! I got the go-ahead from my doctor in August. Plus, I've been good about exercise
     and have lost a little weight.


10. Make a pattern from my favorite t-shirt and use it
      to make some shirts

      Got the t-shirt made in July and attempted to dip-dye in August. The dying was semi-successful.
      I'm ready to buy some new fabric and make a shirt from my pattern from scratch.
      For the previous t-shirt attempts, I used fabric my husband's old discarded t-shirts.


11. New shelf paper in kitchen
      Finished in May

12. Finding Your Own North Star
      Read in April


13. The Artist’s Way 
      Finished in August! This is a big one, folks. The 12 week course turned into 7 months for me.
      I learned a lot and will continue using its principles and exercises.


14. Read the washer manual
      Completed in July

15. Design a new back deck and have it built
      Jeanne and I designed it in June. It was built in July.
      I've begun prepping the ground at the base for replanting.


16. Learn basic pattern drafting
      I have a recorded TV course that I'll begin watching in September.
      I'll figure out which techniques to try as I go along.


17. Take a color theory course
      Scheduled to begin in September

18. Go on a retreat
      Completed in April



Current Tally

Completed: 10 ... xs, Newborn King, Letter Snow, ornaments, sewing machine, health, shelf paper, North Star, Artist's Way, washer manual, retreat

Working on: 4 ... #throwbackthursday, Diana, Herself, deck, sew new t-shirts,

Yet to begin: 4 ... crochet pumpkins, color theory, pattern drafting,

Scheduled in September:
I hope to finish reading Diana, Herself, to prep the ground at the base of the deck, and to crochet the pumpkins

No comments: