Sunday, September 30, 2018

Tweedy

Here's the last of the crochet pumpkins I plan to stitch this year. I used a yarn from the Mary Maxim Studio collection in the color Pottery. It has a beautiful variegation and slides in an out of green, rust, brown, and gold hues. The yarn has a loose twist, so was a little challenging to stitch with, but the results are gorgeous.


This pumpkin was stitched in the round from the bottom up. It was stuffed. Then yarn ribs were wrapped around it to give it the pumpkin shape. I gave this pumpkin two leaves and a nice round plump stem. This may be my favorite in the patch ... but they're all unique and each gives me a smile.


Here's the entire crochet pumpkin patch ... with a quarter on the Tweed pumpkin for scale.


I still have two or three other pumpkins I might make this year that involve paint and fabric and découpage. So many ideas! So little time to distribute among them!

No comments: