Saturday, September 8, 2018

For No Good Reason

It simply seemed like a good idea.

Dale and I started watching the new season of The Great British Baking Show this week. It's one of the gentlest food competitions on TV. No dirty tricks. No meanness. Good camaraderie and a helping hand among the contestants.

Watching makes me itch to get in the kitchen and bake. So I did.


Granted, I did it in the easiest way possible, with a roll of store-bought cookie dough (it was already in my fridge). Still, it was fun to get out the flour, sugar, and rolling pin. I got to dig through our stash of old cookie cutters from when our daughters were little girls. I got to add sugar and decorations. As a bonus, the house smells great!


And we have a platter of flowers and stars to share. It's a good way to spend a Saturday morning.

No comments: