Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wreath Re-do

In Autumn, I hang two wreaths on my porch. A large one on the garage-side wall, and a small one near the front door. This is the large wreath ... looking rather shaggy in 2015. I added some leaves to it last year, so it looks a little better now.


But the small wreath was looking shaggy on steroids. I'd taken a straw wreath form and wrapped two swags of autumn leaves around it. It looked ... full ... but bad. I didn't even bother to take a "before" picture of it. I decided it needed a haircut and new 'do.'

I cut all the leaves and do-dads off the swags, then sorted the leaves by size and color. Then, using floral pins, I arranged the leaves in a pattern around the wreath, added the berries and do-dads back in, and secured a new hook on the back so it could hang more securely.


My son-in-law would say that my wreath is much more "orderly" now. (I love that term that he gave me when talking about our gingerbread village a few years back. He was figuring out which artist did which gingerbread cottage. He picked mine out easily because it was "orderly." I take that as a badge of honor).

So now, instead of a shaggy, scraggly wreath, I have a small tidy wreath by the front door to welcome guests.


No comments: