Saturday, October 6, 2018

Foam Pumpkins - Part 1


This week I'm creating a new series of decorated pumpkins. They all started out as these foam carvable pumpkins from Dollar Tree. I've added a quarter in the photo for scale.

I've scanned Pinterest and watched quite a number of YouTube videos for Fall and Halloween inspiration this year. There are some beautifully decorated pumpkins online, many with excellent tutorials. I've chosen to recreate a few.





The first in the series is this white pumpkin with a gold stem.

1.  I spray painted the pumpkin white to knock down the orange color.
2.  I attached lines of "pearl" stickers to the pumpkin in vertical rows.
    The stitckers were also from Dollar Tree.
3.  With a sponge brush, I painted two to three coats of off-white chalk paint over the entire pumpkin.







.
4.  I painted the stem gold metallic with acrylic paint
5.  I covered the entire pumpkin in two coats of glossy Mod Podge.


.
I think this has an elegant look. From a distance, it appears much heftier than it is. That pop of gold is quite nice against the off-white.

The next pumpkin uses the decoupage technique with tissue paper that's been fussy-cut.

---


Inspired by Jay Munee DIY


No comments: