Wednesday, October 31, 2018

18 in 2018: October Update




October showed the least amount of progress on my goals of the entire year. I was having fun making Halloween crafts and I went on a trip to Oregon. I didn't think about my goals very much. But I did do a couple things.

Goal #3 - Blogging about my projects from 1994 - 2008


I made blogs posts for three of the four weeks (due to my trip). I'm still reviewing projects from 2001.


Goal #15 - Basic Pattern Drafting


I drafted the skirt pattern and sewed a mock-up from scrap fabric. The skirt fit! It's not something I'll ever wear, but it set me in a good direction. For this skirt, I need to make the patterns shorter, change the shape of the hem, figure out a couple waist finishing solutions, etc. I'm very encouraged.


Goal #16 - Color Theory


I watched several videos on color theory and learned about Adobe's wonderful color site. I also did an overview of my correspondence course. I've decided to give the course concerted effort while my husband is away on a business trip in November.


That's about it ... and will be for the rest of the year because Goals 3 and 16 will go on into next year.

In November I hope to create some Christmas cards and do some more stitching and sewing. Oh, and Christmas crafts. I love to make Christmas crafts! (Don't tell anyone, but I've already made my first one this year!)

One thing this 18 Goals in 2018 challenge has taught me is that I need my goals to be simpler and take less time so that I have plenty of creative energy to develop new ideas as the year unfolds.

No comments: