Friday, October 12, 2018

Puzzle-rama

I'm feeling achy, so spent the majority of the day crocheting, ripping out crocheting, and re-crocheting. My hat is coming along nicely. But it's not ready to share, and I'm too pooped to edit photos from the vintage shop.

So here's the latest puzzle Dale and I put together. It was only 300 pieces, but it had its surprise challenges.

In this puzzle, all pieces have two sides with tabs and two sides with blanks ... and each tab neatly fit in each blank. It was easy to connect pieces together incorrectly when they were the same colors. We had to use careful attention to design lines to put the puzzle together.


I do like the way jigsaw puzzles make my mind do gymnastics. It's just enough challenge to keep this quiet activity interesting.

By the way, the new thing I learned today was the proper name of puzzle piece anatomy. The "sticky-outy things" are called tabs. The "innie things" are called blanks. Thanks, Wikipedia!


No comments: