Thursday, October 11, 2018

Throwback Thursday - 2001 (Part 11)

As I wound down to the end of the year in 2001, I stitched a slew of small projects. Here are five more from October.


Chickadee

This is the third of five Christmas ornaments I stitched for my family. This chickadee is sitting on the branch of a pine tree. I made it for our youngest daughter, Jodie. It uses that same single strand of somewhat stretchy, brightly colored fiber used in the previous ornaments.




Reindeer

The fourth ornament is a reindeer, stitched for middle daughter Julie.




Gingerbread Boy

The fifth and final ornament from this series is a happy gingerbread boy which I made for my husband, Dale. It was awfully nice having the annual ornaments completed so early in the year.




Jewel Bookmark

I returned to stitching bookmarks for my quilt group ladies. Irene likes bright colors, so I made this bookmark that reminds me of jewels all lined up in a row.

This design was adapted from a geomatric border I found in the book 2001 Cross Stitch Designs: The Essential Reference Book by Better Homes and Gardens (1999). In adapting the design, I added more colors and widened the design to fill out the width of the fabric.




Ever So Little Giraffe

This little project is an adorable giraffe designed by Simply Old Fashioned. It stitched up easily in one night because it only used three fibers, two of which are silk.

The silk was fun to stitch with. As an overdyed fiber, it produced the color variations as I stitched along. The blocks of color made the chart extremely easy to follow.

For a little guy, this giraffe has the most expressive face! And that tail knocks me out.

Unfortunately, I think this is one of the stitched-but-not-yet-finished designs languishing in my box. I hope to finish him next year.


No comments: