Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Foam Pumpkins - Part 2

For my second foam pumpkin, I used the découpage technique.


I started once again with the carvable foam pumpkin from Dollar Tree. Using some white spray paint, I knocked down the orange color a bit. Then I painted the pumpkin white with chalk paint. I painted the stem with metallic gold acrylic paint.


Next, I found this pretty floral tissue paper in my stash. I fussy cut around the flowers to have a variety of florals to work with. I began with the tall yellow tulip and fern-like stem on the side of the pumpkin, adhering the tissue to the pumpkin with Mod Podge. At first, I thought I'd use a variety of flowers randomly all over the pumpkin. But after adhering the first four tulips, I decided to use that motif around the entire circumference of the pumpkin.


I used the purple hyacinth and orange tulip on the top.


I added a big pop of color on the bottom of the pumpkin with this bright coral flower. Then I sealed everything with another layer or two of glossy Mod Podge. I'm quite pleased with the result!


Here's the current family portrait.




---

Inspired by Jay Munee DIY




No comments: