Saturday, December 1, 2018

18 in 2018: November Update



I barely made any progress in November. I'm sort of pooping out. Working on these goals consistently is harder than anticipated. Plus, November had three weeks of activities that were out of my norm where simple daily living was a bit of a test.

Goal #3 - Blogging about my projects from 1994 - 2008


I finished reviewing projects from 2001 and looked at my projects from January through June of 2002.


Goal #15 - Basic Pattern Drafting


I made the fixes on my first skirt pattern and drafted a second skirt pattern, this time an A-line. I picked out the fabric to make a mock up, but didn't get any further than that.


Goal #16 - Color Theory

I started my color theory course and did the first two lessons. I've decided this might not be the best course for me. It feels dated in its presentation. Plus, it's a course on color theory presented in black and white text with no color images. I can't always figure out exactly what the instructor wants as I do the exercises.

I found that, for this course, I most enjoy working with acrylic paint. I did some nice work while learning more about tint, tone, and shade. A also quite enjoyed working with needle and thread (no surprise there!)


This month I'll decide if I want to finish this "Notebook Class," or move on to one of several online color theory course options. I also have a nice book (pictured above) called Color Studies that I'll look through in December.

So it looks like I finished 15 of my 18 goals, and made progress on the other three. I can continue to work on these goals in December, and then easily roll the activities over into 2019.


I've already started my 19 in 2019 goal list. Most of the goals are designed to take less time to complete, and the goals will be simpler.

In reviewing my work this year, I learned that I can complete a project on an average of every 10 days. I also noted that I do enjoy the feeling of completing projects I started years ago, but that I get more energy from jumping into new projects.

No comments: