Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 Holiday Card

This year I made just over 30 cards to send out before Christmas. I decided on a winter theme with a color pallet of blue, purple, and silver.


I started by embossing the front of the cardstock with this swirly design. I thought it gave the illusion of a snowstorm.


Next I added some washi tape with a triangular design. I put it at an angle across the bottom of the card. Beneath it I added a 3-D gem snowflake sticker.


I used three triangles of the same size, but cut from different paper for the trees. The harlequin tree was first, glued flat to the cardstock. It was topped with a silver star sticker.

The purple tree with raised silver "ornaments" was next, slightly overlapping the first tree. Two additional 3-D gem snowflake stickers were placed in the top right corner of the card.


The third tree was cut from blue cardstock, rather than paper. The cardstock was already embossed with stars. This tree is adhered to the cardstock with foam adhesive squares. This raises the tree off the background for a 3-D effect. I added a "garland" of gem star stickers, extending the line, visually, with the "ornaments" of the purple tree.


We kept the message on the inside of the card simple, with blue print on a light purple parchment cardstock. The inside message was composed in MS Word. I quite like the flourishes and lines above and below the greeting.


The final touch was to add my signature to the back of the card.


I even designed the return address labels this year.


After days of design starts, stops, and redesign, I'm tickled pink with the final result.

No comments: