Monday, December 3, 2018

Happy Birthday to Our Eldest

Jeanne and I celebrated our joint birthday on Saturday with some of the extended family. I made this card to go along with the gifts Dale and I got for her.

I used a blank white card as the base. I cut four 1-1/4" squares from light blue parchment cardstock. I found four patterned papers that were fairly color coordinated, and cut 1" squares from each, gluing the patterned paper to the cardstock. I then wrapped these "presents" with ribbons.


I attached the presents to the card with foam adhesive squares to give a 3D effect.


At the top of the card, I used gold rub-on letters for the sentiment. Then added the dark blue strip as an accent. The heart gem sticker was a final touch.


For the inside of the card, I used more of the light blue parchment cardstock as the base. I embossed it with the hearts and adhered it in place. Then I wrote in the sentiment. As our first born, I often call Jeanne "#1" ... like in Star Trek.


I added another dark blue accent strip. Then I added several more of the blue heart gem stickers in three sizes for a pop of fun.


On the back of the card, I stamped the "handmade" and row of hearts. I added a pop of color to some of the hearts, then signed my name.


Jeanne was delighted.

---

Inspired by Keenan Kreations


No comments: