Sunday, December 23, 2018

Baking Day

It was cookie baking day in the Davaz household today. Three kinds of brown cookies, it seems. They may not look like much, but they each taste uniquely delectable.

In the morning, Jeanne and I made some oatmeal cookies. I've been craving these for weeks!


In the afternoon, I turned to making Rice Krispies treats. Ever since the dessert turkey we made at Thanksgiving, I've been eye-balling the left-over cereal.


Today I bought some Fireside marshmallows ... my favorite kind. They have a distinctly good flavor. You'd think all marshmallows taste the same, but no! These are particularly tasty.


And in the evening, I made our family favorite, pizzelles. These Italian treats always remind me of my parents, my Great Aunt Jay, and cousin Mary Ellen.


Breaking news ... I didn't burn a single one! I love the anise flavor of these.


No comments: