Sunday, December 2, 2018

Having My Ups and Downs

The last three weeks have been atypical around here. First Dale was on a business trip for a week ... so I didn't sleep as well as usual. Then I worked through a busy week of prep so the extended family could join us to celebrate Thanksgiving. Last week I began recovering from that extended weekend of activity (the house still isn't quite put back together). Finally yesterday, Grandma and Grandpa got to babysit Melody for almost six hours -- AND Jeanne and I celebrated our joint birthday.

My emotional health is all shaken up again simply from the excitement of many good things. My physical health could use a break, too.

So today Dale spent flying around the universe of No Man's Sky. I needed a quiet and repetitive respite. So I started a new craft project. Using scraps of fabric I received when I was part of a quilt group, I cut a lot of circles, and started turning them into yo-yos.


I saw yo-yo wreath, ornament, and topiary tree designs in the Mary Maxim catalog. I thought I'd give the tree a try using the materials I have on hand.


I sat and cut and sewed while listening to the audiobook recording of Michelle Obama's wonderful memoir, Becoming. It's superbly written. She narrates it exceptionally well. I highly recommend it!



A few more restful days like this and I'll be re-energized and ready to welcome Christmas.

No comments: