Sunday, January 6, 2019

A Day of Rest

On the 12th Day of Christmas ...

I decided to take the day off today. Most of the decorations are taken down ... but now cover one queen size bed, the entire dining room table, and a couple of the chairs. The tree is still up, and lit. A few of the ornaments are back in their storage container, but very few.

As part of my "whittle a little" year, I'm making choices about which decorations to keep and which need to move on. I figure this is a great time to make the decisions, before I store them away for another year. It's a surprisingly emotional process. So today, I gave up having to make choices and did what I do when I need comfort ... picked up a needle.


Another bit of whittling I'm doing is starting up some of my projects that I've had around for a while. I figured out that this little kit has been around for 14 years! Let's whittle down that pile of yummy possibilities by bringing them from ideas into reality.

No comments: