Thursday, January 10, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 2003 (Part 3)

These are the final projects I stitched in 2003


Sow Seeds

A simple and sweet bookmark. The design is called Pansy Border from one of my reference books.




EduDATed

I stitched this humorous cat for my oldest daughter, Jeanne, on the occasion of her high school graduation. The design by Bent Creek made me laugh when I found it. I stitched with with DMC cotton floss on Fiddler's Light fabric.




Thank You Note

I enjoy finding photos of my early forays into card making. I made this card for a woman who sent my camera back to me after I'd been neglectful and left it at her office. I made this card and sent it to her along with a check to cover the cost of postage for mailing my camera to me.

The design is adapted from a chart in Donna Kooler's 555 Country Cross Stitch Patterns. The card is made from blue parchment cardstock. I made the cutout with pinking scissors ... a little tricky!

She received the card and check, and let me know how much she appreciated the extra effort.




Joyously Free Tree

Oh, dear. Here's another piece that I've stitched but haven't done the finishing work on it so it can be displayed. This design by Marilynn and Jackie is part of a large series of tree patterns. I have several of them, but thus far have only stitched this one.

It's difficult to see in this photo, but the blue stars are outlined in a metallic blue thread, and the gold star at the top of the tree is outlined in metallic gold thread. I wanted the stars to "twinkle" a little.

The gifts under the tree were a little something I added myself. As I look at them all these years later, I'm not that chuffed with how they look. Maybe before I do the finishing work on this design, I'll remove those packages.




Health problems in the Fall of 2003 kept me from completing many projects. It's nice to recall what was accomplished.


No comments: