Friday, June 2, 2023

Dragonfly Blue

Dale and I discovered a wonderful park not far from home called Golden Gardens Park. It's a large open space with groomed paths around three good-sized ponds. We didn't take much time there the day we found it, so I returned to walk some of the trails today.

I walked past a tree that attracted many of these blue dragonflies. This one sat still long enough for me to take a decent picture with my phone's camera.


I'm fascinated by the details in the wing shadows.

On the far side of the largest pond I hung Quilted Heart #12 in a pine tree. This is the final Quilted Heart of the 24 that I plan to release into the wild. (So far, I'm keeping two for myself).


I have many ideas that I'd like to explore on making future Quilted Hearts. But I need to let those ideas simmer in my mind for a while.


This morning I went looking through my stash for a particular 4th of July cross-stitch pattern. I found a new-to-me red, white, and blue star kit that I'm thinking about buying. But I didn't want to spend 25 bucks on something new if I already have a similar cross-stitch design.

While petting all my kits and patterns and fabrics and tools and supplies, I came to be very grateful for what I collected over the years. There's plenty here to fill my retirement years. I'll need to spend very little of our limited income on art and craft supplies.

But I admit that the sheer volume of creative ideas that rushed over me made me start to shake. Having so much to choose from can sometimes make me paralyzed about what to do next. I got overwhelmed. That's when I thought taking a walk and getting some distance vision might help. It did. And I was rewarded by witnessing the wonder of nature up close in the form of dragonflies.


No comments: