Monday, June 19, 2023

First Flowers For You - Part 7

Latest update? The stitching is complete! 

I'm so glad I changed the greys in the bunny's fur. It was worth the effort. The backstitching pulls it all together.


Jodie and I went to Joann Fabrics and scoured the shelves to find a coordinating fabric. I wanted a pastel blue or green or coral, but nary a pastel was to be found. Strange. 

We did find a fat quarter green plaid that we kept returning to. The colors in the fabric are very similar to the green leaves in the stitchery. The scale of the plaid seems to work well, too.


I plan to finish it very simply, much like I did Pumpkins and Blackbird. It's a super quick and easy finishing technique. I'm considering mounting the bunny on a circular base, then making the plaid background either a square or octagon ... because why not make a simple thing harder than it needs to be, right?


I'll need to use some brain power to figure this out, but it's good to put the grey cells to the test every now and then.

No comments: