Thursday, June 29, 2023

Pop! - Part 2

Very small update for a very small project.

I started this July 4th project on the red fabric scrap as planned. I stitched the word. But it wasn't going well. The fabric was stretchy, or something. It wasn't holding its shape and the weave was too small. So I ditched it.

I didn't have any other red ground cloth. So I thought about, perhaps, perforated paper or plastic canvas. But, no. No red in my collection. None at the store I visited, either.

So I switched gears. I went with this white perforated plastic. I switched out the white thread for some red thread. This is SO much easier to stitch on. I don't even need my glasses! Here's what I did this afternoon.


I believe that I will complete the stitching by the 4th of July.

Now to figure out how I want to display it. I'm thinking ... frame it. That's the simplest and most straightforward finishing technique. Or maybe back it with felt and turn it into an ornament for the little tree in our entryway.

Ah ... I'll figure it out as I stitch.

No comments: