Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 621: Just Nan's Rose Lady

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey
in my Photography section,
Just Nan's Rose Lady

Today was the last session of my digital photography class. Though it was only five sessions long, I feel like I did learn a thing or two that ought to help my photo-taking skills.

This week, we were playing with light again. The challenge for this photo was to use available light. I took this close-up photo of Rose Lady (which I stitched last year) beside a window in our family library. The light is coming from the right. It makes a nice glow on the satin frame, don't you think?

I had to play with the placement of the easel a bit to get a nice angle. I like the way that even the beads show up in this photo.

By the way, my used chart is still available for purchase:


Mine's for Sale!
Used. Chart only in original packaging.
Excellent condition.
$4.00 for pattern + $1.00 shipping = $5.00
E-mail me for details.
International orders, add $.50 extra for shipping.

No comments: