Friday, May 9, 2008

Perfectly Imperfect


I truly believe it.

I think it's evident in my photos.

Like yesterday, that pretty little blue eggshell, newly hatched. I took photos of it from several angles. Some barely showed the inside, so all that was seen was the perfect shape and color. But I chose to post the one with the bloody evidence of birth. Why? Because it seemed more real. Less like a photo ... More like life. There is struggle in birth! That doesn't make the new chick any less beautiful.

Another of my personal favorites? Day 56. The Waning of Summer. Why? Because it's a whole pile of dead flowers, with one small fresh daisy tucked away in the corner. To me, that bunch of flowers is beautiful for its imperfections. And more poignant for its one bit of glory.

I like this one, too. Day 370. Infestation. That gorgeous, gorgeous rose. So beautiful, you can practically smell it through the monitor. Yet hiding on its underbelly? The bugs. Does it make the rose any less beautiful?

Certainly, I have my own boatload of imperfections. Yet I am loved. And through the eyes of love, I am beautiful.

It's good to know!

No comments: