Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 623: On My Desk - Bits O' Christmas Future

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey
in my Photography section,
Ornament Makings

Here's my next installment as a participant in this photo meme.

I finally took the time to dig through my stash and found a nice Christmas plaid to use as the body of these ornaments.

I wanted to assemble the ornaments as little stuffed pillows, but with the stitching appliquéd to the front of the pillow with the edges of the stitchery fringed. That takes a bit longer than simply added a fabric back to the stitchery, but I like the way they look when hanging on a tree.

I used a bit of picot-edged satin ribbon for the hangers. I was lucky to have a nice dark green ribbon in my stash, too.

As of this posting, I have completed them (close up photo in next blog entry). They'll be boxed up and sent off to charity. These will be donated to the Diabetes Tree at The Busy Needle.

No comments: