Friday, March 1, 2024

Birthday Greetings

I made a  birthday card recently for a friend I've had since elementary school. I love that we're in touch again after all these years.


I started with pre-made card blanks and matching envelopes. The base of the front of the card is a heavy weight very reflective gold metallic card stock. And I pulled three coordinating washi tapes, all with gold elements. 

All these materials were found in my stash, so I'm continuing to work on my 24 Goals in 2024 by creating without having to purchase new materials.


I used a die cut, a rubber stamp with blue ink, and a blue gem heart sticker for the sentiment. I attempted to match the blue of the cut-out with the blue in the heart washi tape. 

Since I adhered the sentiment with foam dots which raised the cut-out, you can see how reflective that gold cardstock is.


The inside sentiment was done in a word processing program and printed with blue ink. I used more of the washi tape as a border.


I signed the back as usual, then decorated the envelope flap with more of the heart washi tape.


I so enjoy making special cards for special people. 

No comments: