Monday, March 4, 2024

I Don't Get Out Much

Around Eugene, Oregon, the average amount of miles folks travel in their cars each year is around 13,000.

My car is a 2019 model.

The odometer recently hit the 10,000 mile mark.


:: sigh ::

This is why one of my 24 Goals in 2024 is to simply drive somewhere during daylight hours three times a week. Sometimes I have an actual destination. Sometimes I drive in the countryside for 10 minutes. I was driving at sunset last week; that wasn't such a good idea. I've got old eyes, but they're not quite bad enough for cataract surgery.

I have been getting out - mostly to go snuggle my new granddaughter. 

The pandemic nearly turned me agoraphobic. So I'm stretching myself. I've even bought two tanks of gas for far this year. Go me! 

:: putt putt putt ::

No comments: