Saturday, March 30, 2024

Thinking of You

I made a Springtime card for a far-away friend in a new-to-me design from Pinterest that inspired me. The original card is by Karen Dunbrook.


Though the original card with made with paper strips, I decided to use coordinating bright colors of 5/8" wide ribbon in blue, orange and green.


I used a layer of white cardstock on top of yellow for a pop of border color. I figured out the placement of ribbons on the back of that white layer.


Then I used an X-ACTO knife and straight edge to make the precise cuts.


I wove the ribbon through the card slots using a safety pin


then adhered the ribbon on the back of the white cardstock with strong double-sided tape.


The bottom later of the sentiment is made from handmade, textured scrapbook paper. I added a white layer on top and stamped on the "Thinking of You."


Inside, I added a greeting that I'd typed up on the computer, and stamped the jar full of love. I hand-wrote a personal message on the left side of the card.


I finished the back in the usual way. (I'm pretty sure that I remember to sign it).


I gussied up the envelope with a matching scrap of yellow paper on the inside, and stamped the mailbox full of love on the back. Pretty cute stamp!


When she received it, my friend let me know it brightened her day. 

That is the point of sending handmade greetings, isn't it? It's why I send them. Plus, the hours spent making special cards is almost like getting to spend that time in my friend's presence.

No comments: