Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Nibbles - Done!

Well, lookee here. 


Once I figured out exactly how I wanted to get Nibbles ready for display, made this project a priority, and gave myself a chunk of time, the Nibbles ornament came together fairly quickly.

Life is like that, isn't it? It sure is for me.!


Since this isn't an heirloom piece, I felt fine about using hot glue to put it together, rather than lacing the stitching to acid-free boards and sewing the front to the back.


They're not perfect ovals, but they don't need to be. Done is better than good.


I glued on the ribbon hanger before gluing the front to the back.


I used this soft green picot-edge ribbon to cover the side seam. It's a great match to the carrot top. It's the same ribbon I used on Flowers for You last year, so the two will bring a little continuity in my Easter decor this year. I enjoy those kinds of little details.


Here's a detail shot of how the loop hanger and ribbon-covered side seam meet.


The back. I managed to get the plaid fairly straight. The ribbon matches this fabric well, too.


Finally, hanging in place. It's the first of the Easter decorations for 2024.


I plan to do the rest of the decorating later this week.

No comments: