Sunday, March 31, 2024

Paper Easter Baskets

Here's one of those crafty things I've been meaning to try for over a decade. Seriously. This very easy, finish-eight-of-them-in-under-an-hour papercraft was first introduced to me by my friend Mary in 2011. As part of my 24 Goals in 2024, I was determined to do it this year.

(I was determined to do it LAST year, too. Yet all the bits and bobs sat in a plastic container in my Studio for an entire year. Best laid plans. Oh, well. They're done now!)


Mary does a great job with her tutorial, so I'm not going to reiterate how it's done. Here are the supplies I used:

  • 12" x 12" pieces of watercolor-print scrapbook paper
  • a cutting tool
  • a score board
  • a rounded corner paper punch
  • a 1/8" hole punch
  • colorful tiny brads


I cut my 12" paper into four 6" squares, so made four baskets from each piece. I made a total of eight baskets.



The finished size is about 3" across. 



Dale printed our names on the sides. I filled them with Easter tinsel grass, three sugar cookies, and some pastel-colored M & Ms. We used them as party favors on the Easter dinner table to mark where each person was to sit.





No comments: