Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Eleven Years

It's been 11 years since I've gotten to see my "bestie" in person. We had that extreme pleasure on Sunday.

Debi and I met in high school at a lunch table.

After my dad sold the family business (my first job), Debi helped me get a job in the Children's Room of the public library. It's my very favorite paid job I ever had due to the great staff and my love of kid's books.

Debi and I lost track of each other for years, but finally reconnected through Facebook. Our rare get-togethers are full of stories and laughter. This time, Dale got to meet my friend after hearing about her for 35 years. She says he's a keeper. I agree.

Thanks to Grayson for the photo

Debi's a keeper, too!

Love you, Debi. Maybe next time I can drive up your direction. Let's not make it another decade.

No comments: