Monday, June 1, 2020

May Goal Update

In May, I concentrated on two goals:
* watching movies and series from my Netflix/DVD/Amazon/Hulu queues
* celebrating minor holidays

I completed those goals and made progress on several others:



Completed: ten goals
In Progress: six goals + three alternate goals
Unstarted: four goals


---


Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
Not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
Not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished the 1st in March. 
Reached the 2nd goal weight in April. 
Working on a 3rd goal weight now. I'm about half way there.

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
In progress:
Got my new doctor in February
Mental health nurse in April
Find a dentist. I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is over.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February. 
Put together 6 new puzzles, and two repeat puzzles in May.
21. Foxy Fox Outfoxes the Fox Hunters - May 10
22. Yarn - May 14
23. Umbrellas - May 16
24. Pinocchio and His Toys - May 18
25. Beach Boxes - May 19
26. Birds and Quilts - May 20
27. Love postage stamps - May 21
28. Memory Maker - May 29

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March. Learned two in April.
Learned three in May.
 9. Keto Pancakes
10. Cloud Bread
11. Keto chocolate chip mug cake


10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
I finished three more podcast series in May, bringing my total to 12:
11. Overheard by National Geographic - May 8 (recommended)
12. The Aquarius Project with National Geographic - May 12 (recommended)
13. Hope Through History with John Meacham - May 28 
      (good content, stilted performance)

11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March. 
Jodie and I found five more in May.

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
Finished in May!
 8. Saving Mr. Banks (Netflix)
 9. Victor/Victoria (Tivo queue)
10. Trumbo (DVD)
11. The Two Popes (Netflix)
12. Burlesque (Netflix)
13. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix series)
14. Making the Cut (Amazon Prime series)
15. Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu series)
16. Albert Nobbs (DVD)
17. Washington mini series by Ken Burns (Tivo queue)
18. Frankie and Grace (Netflix series)
19. Next in Fashion (Netflix series)
20. The Old Man and the Gun (DVD)


13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
Finished in May!
13. Mother Goose Day - May 1
14. Fire Day - May 2
15. Have a Coke Day - May 8
16. National Limerick Day - May 12
17. National Chocolate Chip Day - May 15
18. Wear Purple for Peace Day - May 16
19. National Flower Day - May 20
20. National Vanilla Pudding Day - May 22

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
I finished two in May, bringing my total to 13.
12. Shadows & Glass: Book 2 of the Ghost-Stumbler Chronicles by Karen Peacock - May 2
13. Beyond HELLO by Kristi Blakeway - May 23


15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects.
I wrote four in May, bringing my total to seventeen. 
My posts covered February and March 2007.

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Not yet.

17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Convert cassette tapes to mp3 or get rid of them.
Not yet.

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April.


Alternate Goals

Send 20 letters or cards
I sent five in May, bringing my total to eleven.

In June, I'll concentrate on completing the #throwbackthursday goal, listening to more podcast short series, and perhaps reading. I also have a 4th of July craft I could finish as part of one of my alternate goals.


Word of the Year: Settle

In May, we were given the gift of flower box kits that we put together. We found some exterior paint in our garage that we can use to paint them, and they'll match the house trim.

I found a place to keep my photography equipment. It now has a spot with beautiful lighting so I can return to taking "studio" shots of small items. 

I made a decision about whether or not to keep my massage table and chair. (For now, I'm keeping them because they still spark joy). 

I unboxed more of my books onto the shelves in the living room.

We bought a kitchen island with a butcher block top which I'm continuing to season/oil each week. 

We sold a mattress set, a refrigerator, an office chair, a set of dining room chairs, and a dishwasher.

With the country re-opening, we were finally able to go to a business that re-opened and change out Dale's snow tires -- for the last time!

I've also been making a point to watch the sunset each evening and, perhaps, taking a photo or two to post on Facebook. It's a great way to settle into the end of a day.









No comments: