Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Motivation

What I really feel like doing is painting rocks.

What I promised myself I'd do is clear out my Inbox during National Email Week. It's one of my 20 Goals in 2020 to zero out my Inbox once per quarter.

What to do? What to do?

Well, set myself a challenge, of course!

For every 10 emails that I process, I get to paint a rock! I call that motivation.



It's working well. In the last two days I've processed over 130 emails. So I've put a base coat on the first 13 rocks.

Currently, I have only 30 more emails to process ... which will take some time because most of these emails are connected to articles to read, writing exercises, or videos that are over 20 minutes long.



If I'm diligent, I can clear out the email box tomorrow. Then I treat myself to painting rocks on Thursday.

Wish me luck.

No comments: